Thursday, November 2, 2017

OUGD601 - Practical - Brief Construction


Initially, alongside writing my dissertation, I generated a range of ideas as to what I could do for the practical side of this module; however, after coming to a conclusion in my essay, I found that irresponsible drinking has more to do with how there is a lack of control over young people on social media sites because of lacking age restrictions than the marketing of alcohol brands online. This inspired and informed the main brief set for the practical.



The analysis of Facebook posts and inclusion of 'Drinkaware.co.uk' in brand cover photos in Chapter 1.2 of my dissertation highlighted how there is no effective awareness about drinking responsibly on social media. Successful ad campaigns have been made; however, the actual pages of brands and their posts are lacking in relation.

Inspired by the clarity and huge range of alcohol information on Drinkaware's website, it seemed appropriate to create a brief that revolves around them. The brief constructed is as follows:

'In relation to other social media sites, alcohol brands put the most amount of funding into Facebook. As there is a lack of information regarding responsible drinking and alcohol on brand pages and posts, produce a range of outcomes, linked to Drinkaware, that resolve and improve user accessibility and awareness within Facebook.

Aim to produce outcomes that are effective, easy to implement and successful in educating people about responsible alcohol use. Try to make resolutions appeal to all, but try to ensure that young people will be engaged with outcomes.'


To ensure that I managed my time throughout this module, I kept a time schedule updated online. This gave me deadlines to work towards and ensured that I had work to get feedback on in tutorials. The time schedule can be seen below.




No comments:

Post a Comment