Monday, February 20, 2017

OUGD501 - Studio Brief 01 - Essay Feedback & Response


Today I received feedback on my first draft. There were barely any corrections, or notes, throughout the essay, which was great to see - the main pointers made were that some points needed to be supported more.

The general comments given were my main area of focus. Overall, the feedback was very positive; however two main points were raised. These can be seen below.


I agree with the essay title point, as the majority of my essay does focus heavily on the Internet and social media. I am going to read over the essay again to consider how I could change the title.

As for the communication aspect of social media, I feel that I have talked about this in the essay, particularly on areas such as target audience and the new digital capabilities available online. Whilst memes are part of the Internet culture, they are not really used by brands - they have derived more from the Internet users themselves than companies. Despite this, I think that it is definitely beneficial to research further into how consumers can be targeted through internet culture.

Before focusing on these points, I am going to revise the notes made throughout the essay. This will refresh my mind on the essay and make it much clearer when altering the essay title/researching further.


No comments:

Post a Comment