Monday, February 20, 2017

OUGD501 - Studio Brief 02 - Further Research


As two main prototypes had now been settled on I researched into existing online competition. The only main service that I found in terms of a sizing platform is a company called Fits Me. They essentially offer a fit recommendation service to retail companies. I managed to contact one of the sales managers and find out about a few existing sites that use the service. One men's site that uses Fits Me is Henri Lloyd - a luxury sailing clothing company. To test whether the service works well I input my own data and body shape to see what size I would be suited to. The recommendation was a small or extra small, which are always too small for me when it comes to Men's shirts. The model in the picture is 6'2 and is wearing a large; as I am 6'1, this fitting service seems inaccurate and not very trustworthy. I went through the same process with various items and the same product occured. As only a few retailers use the service, it highlighted how there is definitely an opportunity for ASOS to launch a service that asks for specific measurements, as opposed to just body height, weight and age.

In terms of the marketing prototype, research was made into dynamic ads on social media and email. Some dynamic ads have been launched before, such as Adidas and TK Max's personalised videos; however, these were sporting related and not entirely clothing focused. There is definitely a gap in the market for personalised retail adverts; therefore, this prototype was an effective chance to increase ASOS' personalisation with its consumers.





No comments:

Post a Comment